Genode OS Framework version 8.08 released

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Thu Aug 7 19:26:54 CEST 2008

The initial version of the Genode OS Framework is available for
download. For naming our releases, we use the Ubuntu version-number
scheme, which takes the year as the major number and the month as
minor number. Hence, the release is called 8.08.

This version contains all base components, services, and device
drivers to execute a provided interactive demonstration scenario on
both Linux via libSDL and bare PC hardware via the L4/Fiasco
microkernel and our custom device drivers.

Release notes for the version 8.08
----------------------------------

The release 8.08 is the first official version of the Genode OS
Framework. It contains the following components:

* The base framework including all libraries and interfaces as
  described in the Base API documentation
* The Linux version of the base framework, which is the recommended
  platform for testing and developing
* The L4/Fiasco version of the base framework
* Drivers
  * Frame buffer driver for VESA and libSDL
  * PS/2 keyboard and mouse driver
  * PCI driver
  * Timer driver
* Services and applications
  * Nitpicker GUI server
  * Scout tutorial browser
  * Graphical application launcher
  * XML-configurable init process
* Complete demonstration scenario with graphical test applications
  such as liquid frame buffer, testnit, and nitlog.
* Ported libraries
  * libz
  * libpng

Download Genode from http://genode.org/download/latest-release